Sun, 16 Apr|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (38)
Players learn how to play with space to create something out of nothing - to take their ability to adapt on the field of play to another level
Time & Location
16 Apr, 18:00 – 19:05
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
- This session is on a full-size basketball and is for younger teenagers. Mixed, all ability.
- As two brains that think differently - are better at solving problems - than many who think the same way, and when we compete to meet The Standard we adapt to think in the same way, we play to encourage diversity of thought and experience how the natural elasticity of the brain means we can always find new ways to progress. We restore our fluidity, our creativity, our neurodiversity, and our humanity.
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket
Pay what you want
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.
Pay what you want0