Sun, 20 Nov|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (22)
We use Games Coaching to provide a different way to improve
Time & Location
20 Nov 2022, 18:00 – 19:05
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
Why Games Coaching
Games Coaching is a different way to improve because its about getting a result in the uncontrollable parts of a game.
- Competitive games are won by how we deal with the uncontrollable parts of the game.
- The important parts of life happen in the uncontrollable.
This is why it's a good idea to play games with a Games Coach and learn to be less anxious when we can't control what is happening and relax into agile, fluid, creative, joyful, entertaining, flowing thinkers and movers who find different ways to get different results - before the uncontrollable gets out of hand.
How Games Coaching works
Games Coaching is about giving players experiences of using their fluid thinking to get a result in a game they can't control. Games Coaches generate a dynamic set of obstacles that impact what players want to do. Players are stopped from trying to control the obstacles - and helped to lift themselves out of the detail - to see the wider context - the bigger picture of what is going on around them - and flow through the space between obstacles to discover different ways to get different results when nobody knows what is going happen - before the uncontrollable gets out of hand.
We are diverse, not inclusive
Games Coaching is about creating a hard to control games space. This is achieved by having a diverse range of players in terms of age and ability, with pay-as-you-go to ensure different players turn up each week, to try different ways to combine their diverse range of abilities to do more than we all imagine. Only those who always seek to control are excluded. We are diverse, not inclusive. It's why we have no trials, no squads, and no leagues. We play for the joy of improving our ability to think in a fluid way.
The one guiding principle - be kind
The principle of 'being kind' lowers any anxiety we have about not being in control of what is happening which makes it easier to relax into being agile, fluid, creative, joyful, entertaining, flowing thinkers and movers able to get a result in the uncontrollable before the uncontrollable gets out of hand.
There are 3 ways many of us try to control others, which Games Coaching stops.
1. We use superior knowledge of the details to make others do as we say.
2. We control who is seen to be the weakest by choosing who to blame.
3. We use the fact we are bigger, stronger, and faster to make others do what we want them to do.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact the help centre and we will give you a code to get free tickets.
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket
Pay what you want
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.
Pay what you want0