Sun, 13 Nov|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
Younger Teenager - All ability - Mixed - Bushey (21)
We use Games Coaching to provide a different way to improve
Time & Location
13 Nov 2022, 18:00 – 19:00
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
- 6 to 7pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 13+ - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. 11 is ok, if it works for the player.
- Full court
Any questions contact me on jon.thorne@Lifeskills21.club
Games Coaching - a different way to improve
Competitive games are not won by our ability to control the controllable. They are won by our ability to navigate the uncontrollable - before the uncontrollable gets out of hand.
Game Coaching is a different way to improve because it helps players develop the fluid intelligence to try different ways to get different results when nobody knows what will happen. To improve by getting results from the uncontrollable - we truly don’t know our limits.
Games Coaching lifts players out of the detail - to see the wider context - the bigger picture of what is going on around them - and flow through the space between obstacles to discover different ways to get different results when nobody knows what is going happen. Players learn how to get results from the uncontrollable before the uncontrollable gets out of hand. Players learn how to avoid becoming overly anxious when they can’t execute the details to control the controllable. Players are relaxed, agile, fluid, and flowing in their thinking and movement.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young players - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact the help centre and we will give you a code to get free tickets.
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket
Pay it forward
This "Pay it forward" ticket gives someone a free ticket to this event. They are typically people who suffer social exclusion because they think differently. They use our events to grow a belief in themselves that they can live a life of their making free from a fear of not being good enough in the eyes of others. Thank you!
Pay what you want
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.
Pay what you want0