PLAY TO THINK A LITTLE MORE DIFFERENTLY
LifeSkills21.club is a multi-sport community club for players who want to develop an equally important skill to attaining higher technical standards. The ability to play with ideas. A skill which, when added to technique, makes for all-round excellence! And keeps us young at heart
Tue, 24 Jan|
Longdean Sports Space
Our most inclusive, gentle, Neurodiverse sessions of them all @ Hemel (21)
Games Coaching is a different way to improve
Time & Location
24 Jan, 18:00 – 19:00
Longdean Sports Space, HP3 8JH
About the event
We use a new progressive way to coach sports called Games Coaching which keeps the brain healthy. Players experience sharing space with people who all try things before they know if it will work - knowing everyone will help get a result before things get out of hand. We play in flowing agile adapting teams that use obstacles to frame different directions to go and see what else is possible. Players add to and adapt their game to better suit their individual circumstances. Outcomes (sometimes unexpected) follow progress. Ingenuity becomes a daily part of our lives. So does laughing.
Games Coaching emerged from Jon Thorne's frustration with sports coaches reliance on making everyone following their instructions to all play in the same way - and so kept asking his ADHD son to leave.
- 6 to 7pm.
- It is at Longdean Sportspace. https://goo.gl/maps/fuLVP231RfcRCvXo6 The entrance is not via Longdean school. There is a separate entrance that you can only find by just putting the post code in - HP3 8JH - off Hill Common. The easiest way is to use “What3Words” and they are ///guard.forks.fries
- There is a big "ish" with age. If it works for the player it works for us.
- Full court
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What players and parents think
- We went to the most amazing basketball session in Hemel at Longdean school. My son is autistic and has ADHD he struggles to follow instruction and is extremely demand avoidant. This session took all the barriers away for my son and he had the most amazing time, his words “I loved it”. Well worth checking out
- A young player - "I like Jon’s sessions because instead of telling us what to do we all just work it out ourselves"
- A parent - "It’s refreshing to see someone run a sports session with a focus on kindness and flexibility instead of adherence to set patterns based on traditional ways of learning. We have always been made to feel welcome and encouraged to participate and my children gain confidence by being part of something that requires teamwork. As an observer, I enjoy seeing the players thinking about not just themselves but the whole team. It’s not about just playing ball, it’s about creative thinking, consideration of others and teamwork"
Any questions contact the help centre
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket
Pay what you want
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.
Pay what you want0