Thu, 22 Sept|
Longdean HP3 8JH
League Level - Hemel (7)
We play for the fun of it. And be more free-thinking. More openly imaginative. And we use our brains in the most effective way and figure out new ways to push the boundaries of our potential. A warm welcome is guaranteed.
Time & Location
22 Sept 2022, 20:00 – 21:30
Longdean HP3 8JH
About the event
We provide a different way to improve at sports and physical activities.
Instead of sports coaches correcting mistakes in following instructions - Players play games - and Games Coaches - give players in the game - different ideas to experiment with to discover new ways to be more than they thought they could be.
- Become free-thinking, and openly imaginative as they self-organise to solve the puzzle of a given moment of a game.
- Diversify their thinking to find new ways to push the boundaries of their potential; and
- We laugh. A lot.
A warm welcome is guaranteed
- 8pm to 9.30pm - Have lengthed the session to 1.5hrs.
- It is at Sportspace Longdean, 10 minutes from Westminster Lodge. The entrance is not via Longdean school. There is a separate entrance that you can only find by just putting the post code in - HP3 8JH - off Hill Common. The easiest way is to use “What3Words” and they are ///guard.forks.fries
- 16+ - Mixed - League Level - club and no club players are welcome.
Please note : We don’t enter teams into any competitions run by any sports governing bodies. Sports clubs are welcome to attend sessions to recruit creative agile-thinking players to play in their teams. Clubs are also welcome to send players to our sessions to figure out new ways to push the boundaries of their potential. Please note that NeuroDiverseGamesCoaching.ORG is not currently associated with, connected to, or affiliated with any sports governing bodies. NeuroDiverse Games Coaching helps everyone to play games in the space between all the sports clubs.
What the players say
"They are fun. They are stress free. Jon - has a way of teaching that I don't feel I am are being told what to do. I am encouraged to make my own choices and then supported with the decisions I make. There is no wrong decision. Only learning opportunities. Jon always finds a way to make feedback constructive and positive to help me make my own evaluations about my performance and how I can improve. He is supportive while pushing you to always be better and reach maximum potential".
7 things Games Coaching teaches players...
- That being wrong, that being bad, is an opportunity to learn something new and be better.
- Life is more interesting when we get rid of certainty.
- Proving themselves wrong as quickly as possible is a good way to find new ways to push the boundaries of their potential.
- While they might know the rules of the game - if they watch long enough, they will eventually catch the flow and rhythm of a game - and that is far more important than the rules.
- All creativity starts with a guess. If it works do it. If it doesn’t - take another guess.
- The first principle of good gameplay is to not fool themselves that they know what is going to happen and they are the easiest person to fool themselves.
- They have no responsibility to live up to what other people think they should accomplish. Players have no responsibility to be like what others expect them to be. This is the mistake of others, and not a failing of players.
Helps us grow
- Invite your friends.
- Employers - by encouraging your staff to attend our events it is easier for them to step beyond the edges of their business processes to find ways to add to what works.
- Educators - by encouraging your students to attend our sessions it becomes easier for them to see they can always diversify their thinking to find other ways.
It is easier to book on using our app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact the help centre and we will give you a code to get free tickets.
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free ticket
Pay it forward
This "Pay it forward" ticket gives someone a free ticket to this event. They are typically people who suffer social exclusion because they think differently. They use our events to grow a belief in themselves that they can live a life of their making free from a fear of not being good enough in the eyes of others. Thank you!
Pay what you want
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.
Pay what you want0