Sun, 12 Feb|
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre
All ability - Bushey (30)
Play basketball to lift your ability to adapt on the field of play
Time & Location
12 Feb, 19:00 – 20:00
Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, Aldenham Rd, Bushey WD23 2TD, UK
About the event
Because our world is very driven by systems and processes it is easy for us to narrow our focus onto overcoming obstacles stopping us from following systems and processes. We can lose the ability to go around obstacles and then we struggle to adapt on the field of play and of life. To keep the adapting mindset in our lives - we play basketball where the players can only progress by playing in the space between obstacles. Players are stopped from trying to go through obstacles and stopped from blocking obstacles. Players practice seeing the bigger picture. Seeing how obstacles relate to each other and then using this to manipulate obstacles so that space opens and closes in the right place - at the right time. They practice flowing between obstacles by waiting to let events unfold before they act. Players go to a new level of adaptability on the field of play. They become more fluid in their thinking. More able to succeed in creative flowing teams that know how to get a result. That always finds ways to progress.
- Games Coaching is designed to work outside of a sports club infrastructure. No trials, no squads, no leagues.
- Half court. For older players, adult beginners, and younger teenagers looking to progress to more adult play.
- 7 to 8pm. Bushey Grove Leisure Centre, WD23 2TD
- 50+ and adult beginner - Mixed - All ability.
- There is a big "ish" with age. Basically if you prefer half court and a slower, gentle, kind play - come along.
- The easiest way to pay us using the app which you can get by going to your phone's app store, search for wix.com app called Spaces. Download. And then enter this code QTKFDS
- Don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We have free tickets. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club you don't need to explain - He will just give you the code.
What the players say
"They are fun. They are stress free. Jon - has a way of teaching that I don't feel I am are being told what to do. I am encouraged to make my own choices and then supported with the decisions I make. There is no wrong decision. Only learning opportunities. Jon always finds a way to make feedback constructive and positive to help me make my own evaluations about my performance and how I can improve. He is supportive while pushing you to always be better and reach maximum potential".
Lets play ball
We are a social enterprise. We use all profits to give those who are excluded or vulnerable to social exclusion a free experience of playing sports and games where everyone set's each other up to succeed. Where everyone constantly imagines other ways. Where everyone uses mistakes to find what is next and grow. Experiences to build a belief that they are not stuck as they are now. Thank you. Contact jon.thorne@LifeSkills21.club to get a free tickets
Pay what you want
Pay what you want
Please, don't let a lack of money stop you from coming. We are a social enterprise. Or, pay more as a donation.
Pay what you want0